Punk...

So posted earlier that we should post what shows we are gonna go to since Ucsdguy1 and went to show and never met since we did not know each other was there. So.......

Going to Maid of Ace on Friday May 17th at The 5 Star Bar in L.A. Go to their official site and hit the "Tour" tab for tix. Crazy thing is tickets are only $5, $7.15 with the service charge added.

If you never heard them here are their vids, and yes I posted them earlier but no need to search the pages to find them. Other crazy thing is they are sisters!
Crazy. I looked at Bad Religion tickets at the ventura theater today and they were $35 ($47 with fees)! :(

So Maid Of Ace was bloody awesome! They flat out rocked!

Funny thing is I must have a doppleganger in England, the singer/guitarist (the one pointing at me) came up to me and said hi then said that she remembered me and we hung out a while back, when I told her that this was the first time I had met her she looked a little surprised. But then she said ok and we had nice chat. Then got meet the rest of the band, her three sisters. I bought them all a drink and got to hang out with them. They were really nice.

D63XAEYUYAAmS3-.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy. I looked at Bad Religion tickets at the ventura theater today and they were $35 ($47 with fees)! :(

ouch... well, i do try to look at it like they're old now and inflation so we all got bills to pay. bassist from pennywise told me he feels like they should charge more for shirts and he's no crust punk or anything so he has no problem charging a certain amount.
it's a common theme... i went to see gorilla biscuits and people bitched about how it was $30/ticket before fees but you know, the guys live in NYC and have families now so you're likely not gonna get to see them play for the same price you could 30 years ago. just like you can't buy milk or gas or a house for the same price you could $30 years ago. i'm ok with it. ?\_(ツ)_/?

oh so i've been to 10 shows this year so far.
next up are:
chuck ragan/ dave hause / dan andriano at the belly up tavern in july
lucero playing 2 days in LA in october
against me! playing 2 days in LA in october

i thought about going to see the specials next tuesday but i'm pretty worn out and tired and i already saw them play in vegas with some friends a couple years ago and that was great and i think i just want to remember that one time as a highlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Maid Of Ace was bloody awesome! They flat out rocked!

Funny thing is I must have a doppleganger in England, the singer/guitarist (the one pointing at me) came up to me and said hi then said that she remembered me and we hung out a while back, when I told her that this was the first time I had met her she looked a little surprised. But then she said ok and we had nice chat. Then got meet the rest of the band, her three sisters. I bought them all a drink and got to hang out with them. They were really nice.

D63XAEYUYAAmS3-.jpg

seeing them Saturday at PRB in Vegas

so much for that H20 show for me but darn it's been too long since I've seen them.

Unwritten Law playing with Authority Zero June 21 at the glass house. As much as it's also been too long since I've seen Authority Zero, the thought of driving to Pomona on a friday from the west valley will probably keep me away.

And anyone going to either of the two album per night Against Me shows at the Fonda in October? I might do night 1 (Searching for a former clarity/New wave)

H2O is playing a free Pool Party show this weekend in Vegas/PRB

ouch... well, i do try to look at it like they're old now and inflation so we all got bills to pay. bassist from pennywise told me he feels like they should charge more for shirts and he's no crust punk or anything so he has no problem charging a certain amount.
it's a common theme... i went to see gorilla biscuits and people bitched about how it was $30/ticket before fees but you know, the guys live in NYC and have families now so you're likely not gonna get to see them play for the same price you could 30 years ago. just like you can't buy milk or gas or a house for the same price you could $30 years ago. i'm ok with it. ?\_(ツ)_/?

oh so i've been to 10 shows this year so far.
next up are:
chuck ragan/ dave hause / dan andriano at the belly up tavern in july
lucero playing 2 days in LA in october
against me! playing 2 days in LA in october

i thought about going to see the specials next tuesday but i'm pretty worn out and tired and i already saw them play in vegas with some friends a couple years ago and that was great and i think i just want to remember that one time as a highlight.

Yep, I get it. The flip side is I just have to be more selective about shows I attend (probably will skip Bad Religion).

Have you heard the specials new album? I still haven't listened as a couple of people have told me it's awful. Don't want to take the chance :)

I am also seriously tempted to hit up Nerf Herder/Teenage Bottlerocket at the troubadour Saturday night.

I had damn good time at Punk Rock Bowling on Sunday. Notable standouts were Drug Church, Refused, and the Descendents.

Yep, I get it. The flip side is I just have to be more selective about shows I attend (probably will skip Bad Religion).

Have you heard the specials new album? I still haven't listened as a couple of people have told me it's awful. Don't want to take the chance :)

I am also seriously tempted to hit up Nerf Herder/Teenage Bottlerocket at the troubadour Saturday night.

did you go?

i haven't listened to the new specials album because last time i tried to do it with the free spotify app on my phone, it wouldn't play the album in order so i gave up. i rarely spend time at the computer these days because i'm usually momming around town. don't care to pay for spotify. maybe someday. i did buy the record store day 7" and it sounds fine. did you hear what happened to that tuesday night specials show at the anaheim HOB though? lynval golding was hospitalized with some ailment and couldn't get released in time to play so they canceled the show but not until after people stood around until nearly 10pm thinking the show was still on. d'oh! that's not ideal for me since i'm the kind of person who shows up just in time for the headliner and splits immediately after the encore. it's the only way i have the energy to go to 20+ shows a year and still spend time with my family. they rescheduled to the following sunday and played without openers but it was too hectic a weekend for me to sign up for.

next show for me is july 7 in solana beach/san diego. chuck ragan (hot water music), dave hause (the loved ones) and dan andriano (alkaline trio) are doing a charity show.

did you go?

i haven't listened to the new specials album because last time i tried to do it with the free spotify app on my phone, it wouldn't play the album in order so i gave up. i rarely spend time at the computer these days because i'm usually momming around town. don't care to pay for spotify. maybe someday. i did buy the record store day 7" and it sounds fine. did you hear what happened to that tuesday night specials show at the anaheim HOB though? lynval golding was hospitalized with some ailment and couldn't get released in time to play so they canceled the show but not until after people stood around until nearly 10pm thinking the show was still on. d'oh! that's not ideal for me since i'm the kind of person who shows up just in time for the headliner and splits immediately after the encore. it's the only way i have the energy to go to 20+ shows a year and still spend time with my family. they rescheduled to the following sunday and played without openers but it was too hectic a weekend for me to sign up for.

next show for me is july 7 in solana beach/san diego. chuck ragan (hot water music), dave hause (the loved ones) and dan andriano (alkaline trio) are doing a charity show.

I did not end up attending unfortunately. Too hard to get out.

Wow that is awful on the specials show. I would have been livid, especially if I drove all the way to anaheim.

I got tickets to the OC Brew Ha Ha fest in orange county in September. I'm taking my boys as they love both Suburban Legends and the Aquabats (I'm not sad about seeing save ferris and voodoo glow skulls either). Hopefully they can stick it out. I think that and Millencolin the same month are the only upcomings for me at the moment.

Save Ferris were so much fun at Back to the Beach! Monique was sooo happy at the last club show at PRB, what a great way to end the festival. I’m mainly going to the Brew Ha Ha for the Aquabats, but Voodoo and Save Ferris don’t suck, should be an awesome day.

Man got a few shows coming up:

OC Brew Ha Ha Fest [Aquabats, Suburban Legends, Save Ferris, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Skapeche Mode, Codename: Rocky] 9/7
Millencolin - 9/14
Face to Face + Lagwagon 10/26

And happy I finally get to see these guys playing with MXPX and The Ataris in November (Anaheim but at least on a saturday)

(or as I like to call em, Less than jake a bit faster and without horns)

I also really wanted to go see Off With Their Heads 10/21 but the thought of driving downtown on a monday and working the next day makes me feel super old, especially with another show a few days later.

Man got a few shows coming up:

OC Brew Ha Ha Fest [Aquabats, Suburban Legends, Save Ferris, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Skapeche Mode, Codename: Rocky] 9/7
Millencolin - 9/14
Face to Face + Lagwagon 10/26

And happy I finally get to see these guys playing with MXPX and The Ataris in November (Anaheim but at least on a saturday)

(or as I like to call em, Less than jake a bit faster and without horns)

I also really wanted to go see Off With Their Heads 10/21 but the thought of driving downtown on a monday and working the next day makes me feel super old, especially with another show a few days later.

i'm probably going to see millencolin in OC this sunday, but my kid has a game at 7am... (6am arrival time for pregame meetings) so i don't know if i'll survive it and in this heat. i'm getting old.

how was codename rocky? i used to have a crush on mikey (who's not with the band anymore) and dan, (also not in the band anymore), went to uci with me.

how was codename rocky? i used to have a crush on mikey (who's not with the band anymore) and dan, (also not in the band anymore), went to uci with me.
Delayed reaction. We actually left a bit late to make my son's soccer game, and it took two hours to get down there. So we missed codename: rocky and half past two which bummed me out. Got there about 2:00 so only had an hour of beer tastings but that probably was plenty for me. Suburban legends were great (we got some good pictures with them and the kids after). Save Ferris was fun (Monique swore more than I remember). Voodoo Glow skulls were not my kids thing so we spent their entire set on the ferris wheel. And Aquabats were very entertaining as always. My older son just kept saying "I can't believe they're really there!" which made me smile. Lots of kids crowd surfing on inflatable pizza slices. The vending machines they had set up with free water, soda, and lemonade the entire day was amazing given the heat and just the fact that it was offered without charge.

New lagwagon album out today. A few songs in and I'm digging it

Pulley and Guttermouth in my hood December 12th at the canyon club in agoura.

Stoked!!

Back
Top Bottom