***San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings GDT 3/17 EARLY START 7:00pm on ESPN+ & Hulu ONLY***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
***San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings GDT 3/17 EARLY START 7:00pm on ESPN+ & Hulu ONLY***

LGKCrown2.png

Game Day Thread
Game #63/82 -- 3/17/22

2021-2-Game-63-Sharks-Home-Logos.jpg

G63P3.png

San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings

at
Crypto-Logo.jpg
| Los Angeles, CA

Irish Heritage Night
Jonathan Quick 700 Games Celebration

Previous Meetings

03/12/22 - Kings 0, Sharks 5
03/10/22 - Sharks 3, Kings 2 (OT)
01/17/22 - Kings 2, Sharks 6

2021-22-Game-63-Sharks-Home-Team-Stats.jpg

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**ESPN+ and HULU only**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G63P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Todd MacLellan, Olli Maatta (video) 3/15/22 Post Game Quotes

Link to Maatta’s Post Game Comments
https://twitter.com/i/status/1503966310211866629

Todd McLellan
On how much of tonight’s result was because of special teams

I think it played a significant role in the game, but not the be all, end all. Obviously, both of their goals came on our penalty kill, miscommunication on the first one, second one knocked it out of the air, give him credit for that. Our power play, I thought the Danault group was good, the other one wasn’t real good at all and that hurt us. As short-staffed as we are, that’s where we have to take advantage of some of those situations and get at least one and we failed to do that here and in San Jose, and it didn’t help us. The game that we did win, really short-staffed, we were able to score 6-on-4. When we took advantage of it, it helped us.
On if the team is “insulating” a young defense at all at 5-on-5 and if that puts more onus on the power play
We believe in the group that’s here. As they keep falling out, it gets tougher. As you get deeper in the batting order and guys end up playing significantly more minutes against opponents they normally wouldn’t play against, that catches up with you after a while. Then, in turn, the second part of your question, yeah it put more pressure on the power play or the penalty kill to get it done and we haven’t been good all year in those situations. It’s tough right now. I look at the game as whole and last year, playing this team, we gave up 55 shots and it was ugly. Tonight, we checked against them, we did what we could. It wasn’t enough and they capitalized on some mistakes, but I still believe that the group is further ahead now than it was last year against that team. There are some positives to take out of it.
On what some of those positives are from this game
Well, the checking. We gave up one even-strength goal and I think it’s very preventable. Over and above that, they had some chances, they’re going to, they’re number one in the league, but significantly fewer than what we saw last year at this time. If the guys can put it all together, and we’ll help them with that, then it should provide us with some confidence. Obviously our next opponent, we haven’t had a lot of luck against, and haven’t played well against, so maybe that will get us jacked up a little bit.
On the learning experience of defending against a five-man unit offensively, as Colorado has
Yeah, that group of five, when you put Toews and Makar together on the backend and throw them out with the forward line that they were playing with, it’s tough, even on the veteran players, they’re that good. It was a good opportunity for Spence, Moverare, the kids back there, even Durz I still consider. This is what happens and in the playoffs, this happens time and time again. They’re not playing four lines, they’re playing three and they’re coming at you in waves. They’ve got a lot to go through and learn, and our veteran players have to pick it up a little bit while everybody else is out. The whole team has to get better.
On if he is considering splitting up Kopitar and Kempe
You know what, we can crack an egg over here and we can lose one over there, if that makes any sense. I liked Danault’s pair, and I like Arty there, I don’t think anybody can argue that right now. The kids are playing pretty well together, Gabe looks good on the wing, Quinton’s playing with a bit more pace and urgency in his game, Ras is skating the puck out wide. Then, you go to our fourth line and we’ve got a specialty player there, we’ve got Lizzo penalty killing and Grunny playing physical. Those three need to get their game together. They’re mature, they’ve played together for a long time. I do believe they’re a little sluggish right now, we’ll get them some rest, but they need to get their game together.
On Kopitar’s moment of frustration and if that can be a rallying point for the team
I think for Kopi, that’s an individual moment for Kopi right now. He’s had some chances, he hit the crossbar in the shootout, breakaway rolls off his tape, he’s not feeling it right now and he’s individually frustrated. I think there’s greater value in how he deals with the kids all the time, and no one sees that or hears that all the time except for us, and he does a tremendous job of it.

G63P5.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G62KF.png

G62KD2.png

G52KG.png

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson (IR)
MIkey Anderson (IR)
Andreas Athanasiou (IR)
Tobias Bjornfot (DtD)
Dustin Brown (IR)
Drew Doughty (IR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Matt Roy (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Sharks Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G63SF.png

G63SD.png

G63SG.png

G63SI.png

Former Kings Draft Pick

Jacob Middleton
8478136.jpg

(it's OK if you've never heard of him - I haven't either - 7th round pick in 2014)

G63P7.png

GOALIE STATS

G63GSK.png

G63GSS.png

G63P4.png

PLAYER STATS

G63PSK.png
G63PSS.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G63-Standings.png

G63P2.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - At what time of the game will the FIRST goal (by either team) be scored?

Part 2 - At what time of the game will the LAST goal (by either team) be scored?

You can take 2 guesses for each part.
Use the min:sec of the ___ period format. You can also choose OT without a specific time or SO (2 points for a correct guess of either of these).
No need to specify a time for OT for a chance at 2 points. If you do choose a specific time for OT, you will get the points based on the time.

+/-2:00 = 1 point, +/- 1:00 = 2 points, +/- :30 = 3 points
a correct guess of OT (without a specified time) or SO will = 2 points

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly and sadly guessed the AHL'ers would combine for 0 points against the Avalanche:

jammer06
VegasHockey
srm1105
DRice
Rusty
hornman
Byron
Helvetica
STONE
Rogie-Vachon
John a90
Nyssa42
dannybuoy1
Liz4LA
cokingsfan
kingrussell
Chateau Bow Wow
LeftyKing
AngelEyes

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 46 points:

srm1105

40 Points

Reg or Rog?

37 Points

LeftyKing
VegasHockey

36 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Rusty

35 Points

34 Points

pray4mojo
Sonnyboy11

33 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRice
Helvetica
Kurisu
notbob

32 Points

Liz4LA

31 Points

hokiecat
hornman

30 Points

Bill Hicks
Dr. Tran
jammer06

29 Points

Busted Chops

28 Points

JayWells24
kingrussell

27 Points

26 Points

KHenry14
Nyssa42

25 Points

Byron

24 Points

dannybuoy1
STONE

23 Points

22 Points

SirJW

21 Points

CIrvine
Shackleford

20 Points

empire

19 Points

Sevenhole

18 Points

Rogie-Vachon
TooCool

17 Points

forum gold

16 Points

Clif
JETS GARAGE

15 Points

cokingsfan

14 Points

randdog

13 Points

Dirtweazle
DRGinLBC
PuckMaster

12 Points

11 Points

Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye
beedee

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

kingsmen93
waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G63P8.png

Photos courtesy of NHL.com/Getty Images​

Last edited:
1st goal:
2:00 of the 1st
8:30 of the 1st

Last goal:
4:00 of the 3rd
16:00 of the 3rd

1st goal:
10:00 of the 1st
15:00 of the 1st

Last goal:
10:00 of the 3rd
18:00 of the 3rd

GKG

Part 1:
11:27 of the first
3:18 of the second.

Part 2:
18:50 of the 3rd
3:10 of OT

Go Kings!!

Thanks, Nyssa!

Part 1: 6:24 - 1st, 9:37 - 1st
Part 2: 3:20 -2nd, 8:34 - 3rd

Go Kings Go!

1st
3:40 in the 1st
7:15 in the 1st

Last
14:30 in the 3rd
18:00 in the 3rd

FIRST GOAL: 9:59 of 1st, 2:22 of 2nd

LAST GOAL: 18:40 of 3rd, OT winner by Kempe at 2:09

1st goal: 9:01 of the 1st, 15:00 of the 1st

Last goal: 10:00 of the 3rd, 17:00 of the 3rd

Thank you Nyssa!

First goal
2:00 of the first
4:00 of the first

Last goal
9:22 of third
18:00 of third

Cmon kings, you can't lose em all to the sharks...

Need to win this one.

Sharks are not a good team. Just stay out of the box and get it done.

Thank you, Susan et al!

Tonight's game is a huge mental and emotional test for this team. This contest will be a true measure of their commitment to playing winning hockey down the stretch.

GKG!!!

Wonder if Spence is gonna lead all players in TOI, like he did last game. He's got 4 NHL games under his belt now, so he's pretty much a vet.

first: 5:30 of the 1st
15:00 of the 1st

last: 5:00 of the 3rd
12:30 of the 3rd

Thanks Nyssa!

1st goal 2:22 or 10:00 of the first period

Last goal 2:22 or 10:00 of the third period.

1st goal
3:58 of the 1st period
15:45 of the 2nd period

Last goal
18:35 of the 3rd
12:30 of the 3rd

Thank you Nyssa!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back