Superman v Batman/DC movies

I finally saw The Flash. I thought it was decent given the poor attendance. I know Ezra doesn't deserve to have the movie, but I found their character over the top annoying anyways, but Supergirl and Batman were far superior.

I had the best idea for WW3... Karyn Kusama directs, Megan Fox as Donna Troy. She can make it funny *and* dark as hell at the same time! Check both boxes that WB is so desperate to have.

Ok, asked a friend this...so I thought I would ask some more friends...

Which is more likely?

A) Snyder gets hired by Marvel

OR

B) After say...5-10 years of James Gunn's guardianship, he hires Snyder to make a DCU film
aorus-guardians-of-the-galaxy-battle-wallpaper.jpg

Ok, Doc and others...I think my new thing will be trying to start conversations. I am far less hostile, I promise. Sorry if, in the past, I have negated your opinion. HAHAHA, so all y'all basically. New folks, never mind the old guy.

Alright, so Doc, Luc, Bob, Dolphin boy...and ANYONE who has an opinion really...

Is James Gunn the a) best thing or worst thing for the DCU? b) best/worst for the MCU?

Let's start there. No...'it sucks' unless you are willing to answer questions

EDIT: if it was discussed earlier, sorry...but it has been a minute

dr teeth.jpg

Jury is still out.

To my thinking... one of the problems with DC is that the people in charge don't understand characters or what makes their own characters unique or singularly them.

If James Gunn wants to crank out a bunch of James Gunn body-horror-comedies with a DC paint job I'm not sure I'll love it.

However I thought Peacemaker and The Suicide Squad were good fun. A huge part of that was what Gunn brought to the table but some of it was that I really had zero investment in any of the characters.

I'll reserve my judgement until I witness a James Gunn Kal El and Bruce Wayne.

EDIT: oops wrong account

Jury is still out.

To my thinking... one of the problems with DC is that the people in charge don't understand characters or what makes their own characters unique or singularly them.

If James Gunn wants to crank out a bunch of James Gunn body-horror-comedies with a DC paint job I'm not sure I'll love it.

However I thought Peacemaker and The Suicide Squad were good fun. A huge part of that was what Gunn brought to the table but some of it was that I really had zero investment in any of the characters.

I'll reserve my judgement until I witness a James Gunn Kal El and Bruce Wayne.

EDIT: oops wrong account
ooooh starting off strong. Thanks

I love that James Gunn respects the source material enough to include the weirdness of the comics.

Speaking of people in charge of DC/WB... another problem is those people keep changing. How many times has WB rebranded or changed hands since the DCEU started? Greedy f'ers who are more concerned with collecting bonuses than making good movies. Banking on the fact that slapping the name Superman or Batman on a film has traditionally done well. I wish they got whoever runs either the animated films or the TV series because both those feel a lot closer to the actual characters than the movies. They also have the benefit of having more time to build characters, but DC is so old we shouldn't have to see the Waynes die outside a movie theater every 3 years or whatever. (same with Uncle Ben dying every 3rd movie).

Is Gunn good for DC? So far what he's done with the lesser known characters for both companies has been great. I trust he can do the same for the bigger names. I'll really miss Batfleck tho... He's truly become my favorite live action Batman.

Speaking of people in charge of DC/WB... another problem is those people keep changing. How many times has WB rebranded or changed hands since the DCEU started? Greedy f'ers who are more concerned with collecting bonuses than making good movies. Banking on the fact that slapping the name Superman or Batman on a film has traditionally done well. I wish they got whoever runs either the animated films or the TV series because both those feel a lot closer to the actual characters than the movies. They also have the benefit of having more time to build characters, but DC is so old we shouldn't have to see the Waynes die outside a movie theater every 3 years or whatever. (same with Uncle Ben dying every 3rd movie).

Is Gunn good for DC? So far what he's done with the lesser known characters for both companies has been great. I trust he can do the same for the bigger names. I'll really miss Batfleck tho... He's truly become my favorite live action Batman.
I think the Gunn/Saffran hiring was an attempt to combat this. Outside of a complete bollocksing up of Superman, which I do not see happening...due to curiosity alone. After that I would expect we would have a better idea if the '10 year plan' is viable. I think the 2 year break(except for the weird ass holdover of Aquaman 2) after Blue Beetle(which will either be a hit or a flop) will help people forget a bit and get a breath of fresh air. One thing Gunn said up front was that all the characters would be portrayed by the same actors across all formats. Cartoons, Games, etc... will all be consistent. That alone is potentially game changing. He really is doing a lot of building, even before his output even comes out. Of course...it's all about the product. But if you have ever seen a Gunn film, you know you have an unusually sympathetic voice in charge, who clearly admires the source material. One thing you cannot doubt is that someone is in charge who understands comic books and how deep cuts and authentic comic characters are important to the audience. I mean, superman is going to have Metamorpho. IN WHAT OTHER WORLD WOULD WE GET THAT? I only pray that he resurrects Guillermo Del Toro's JLA DARK. We are about to finally enter a world of COMIC BOOK movies, as opposed to movies ABOUT comic book heros.

Make Mine...DC.
'nuff said
Love ya Luc.

Exactly. The prospects of getting the lesser known villains, and even the superheroes that haven't shown up in film is what makes the Gunn/Saffran run intriguing. :)

And this is why the DC univerese has a chance. The incredible loyalty and curiousity of James Gunn fans.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom