The All Things MLS, NWSL, USMNT/USWNT et al Thread

this is out my way so hell yes!

I've been saying for awhile ventura county or more specifically anything west of calabasas/agoura needs a footprint, and LAFC had completely outmarketed them for three years straight. I look forward to this, and a shorter drive than the hour 40 it took me to get to dignity health saturday from west hills (i blame the marathon)
My neck of the woods as well.

I think I'll be popping in to watch at CLU.....wonder how to get tix.
I'd like to see them for their first match at their new home (CLU) on April 7 vs the WhiteCaps 2.

The VCFC crest leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, it's bringing some G's love to VC...so can't complain.

Oof! that match vs Jamaica. Jamaica had pretty much only "half" their team. USMNT looked really, really poor.
Subs bailed them out.

If this is what we will see in the final on Sunday, it's gonna be bad.

Not really panic mode yet, but is Berhalter the guy we want at the helm for the World Cup?!?!?

Oof! that match vs Jamaica. Jamaica had pretty much only "half" their team. USMNT looked really, really poor.
Subs bailed them out.

If this is what we will see in the final on Sunday, it's gonna be bad.

Not really panic mode yet, but is Berhalter the guy we want at the helm for the World Cup?!?!?
No! Is that not clear enough yet?

Thank god Reyna came in and changed it up but that was so ugly. Mexico could get real ugly

G’s still showing bend but don’t break mentality.
I though they were done at the half.

Brugman was THE piece that got the G’s to play more forward and direct. Cerrillo is a good stopper but gives the team absolutely nothing going forward. Against high press teams we need Brugman as he will move up into the attack and provide an outlet.

Horrific watching Puig drop so deep and combined with Cerrillo the team was stuck.
When SKC pressured Puig deep, it was turnover and giveaway madness.

Still need to stop conceding so many goals.
How did the G’s become so bad on defending set pieces!?! Got to work on that.

Onward to Sounders at home!

Apparently they gotta work on that offside line too!

That was a total game we would tank last year after being down 2-0. Team's got some chutzpah that's for sure.

That game vs the Sounders was paradigm changing, I have not seen that kind passing and forward play from the team in years it feels like. I was very impressed, the new pick-up are really making the team change the way they play. Pec, Paintsil and Puig are awesome and Mcarthy in net feels solid.

That game vs the Sounders was paradigm changing, I have not seen that kind passing and forward play from the team in years it feels like. I was very impressed, the new pick-up are really making the team change the way they play. Pec, Paintsil and Puig are awesome and Mcarthy in net feels solid.
McCarthy is "good".
Is he better than Bond? Sure, ok.
His distribution is as bad as Bond's was. He is sketchy on set pieces, but "better" than Bond.
McCarthy makes big saves when he has to (as did Bond).

My thoughts are he is marginally better than Bond. However the real truth here was Bond was not all that great to begin with, so McCarthy being "better" is not saying all that much.

I feel McCarthy is really a place holder for the future: Micovic
Dude is signed on a 3-year contract. McCarthy only signed for two years.
I bet we see McCarthy getting more starts this year as it goes on.

Don't get me wrong, no hate for McCarthy, but I think Will Kuntz knows what he is doing with McCarthy and Micovic, and the future of great goalkeeping for Galaxy.

Want to prove to me you're for real? Beat LAFC.
I like what you are saying, but Galaxy have the record in El Trafico....and a lot of that record over LAFC is with some HORRIBLE Galaxy squads, vs top notch LAFC squads.

Wins in El Trafico are an enigma.

It's at the stank, so my only thoughts are: Be safe people, and be smart. It's just a game, don't kick in each other's heads.

...oh and remember Chivas 2.0 : Zlatan is your daddy.

Okay then. Want to prove to me you're for real? Beat LAFC and do it colorfully....

Garces is 22 years old......deal is a loan with an option to buy ----- No U22 ----No TAM.

That my fellow G's is the kind of deal that an excellent GM makes!!!!!

This deal still leaves the G's with two big open roster spots for the summer window.

Welp, El Trafico lost.

Vanney outcoached.
Vanney (like last season… and before) does not adjust tactically.
Vanney’s subs were horrendous.
Barry? Before Fagundez?
Vanney having Pec and Paintsil playing inverted was a bust.

Midfield was poor.
Puig doing too much and giving the ball away or turning it over.
Puig MUST stay up high, and stop dropping deep.
Brugmann had a poor game as well.

Set pieces both against and for the G’s are bad, and have been for quite some time.

This game felt like last season: possession with no purpose or threat in the final third.

Sure, the ref was really bad, but the team played poorly, and were coached poorly.

After a big start, Dejan is a ghost.
We need a striker at the summer window.

I’ve got those old “bad” feelings about Vanney coming back again.

Vancouver on the road and in good form is going to be ROUGH!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom