Wrestling The Wrasslin' Thread of LetsGoKings

That hour long MJF/Ospreay match though. Wow
Insanely good match. I expected a draw but not an actual title change. I do have to nitpick and complain about Will Ospreay and his reluctance to hit the Tiger Driver 91. Storyline wise, he "vowed" to never use that move again because he almost ended the career of Bryan Danielson. That's fine, I get that part.

He kept that story up by not using it on Swerve. But this is where it bugs me. Bryan Danielson won the Owen Tourney. He's going to main event All In against Swerve. So what are you concerned about Will?? Plus, you literally saw MJF murder Daniel Garcia and yet you don't want to do the same to MJF? That part makes me go, "Come on now."

I do wonder where he'll go from here as far as All In goes. I can see MJF facing Daniel Garcia at All In, so that leaves Will in limbo unless he gets to face Ricochet maybe. Or you make it a Triple Threat and he challenges for the International Title again?

As for Blood and Guts, it's looking to be a good one. I'm actually okay with The Acclaimed being in this match. I think people are tired of their scissoring gimmick and whatnot but this is a chance for them to show their hardcore side, a side we haven't seen yet. There was even a segment on Collision with Daddy Ass telling The Acclaimed to stop messing around and to bring it. So that part intrigues me. I really can't see The Elite winning here since they won at Anarchy in the Arena. But at the same time, I feel like this story could have been so much better... because the point of Team AEW was to get revenge on what The Elite did to Tony Khan and that seems to have been forgotten.

Either way, I want this to end and they need to have the Young Bucks and Okada wrestle more. Not a fan of them holding the titles and doing nothing with it.

Last edited:
All Out was ****ing insane. I have no words. (I mean, I do... but not right now.) :)

All Out was ****ing insane. I have no words. (I mean, I do... but not right now.) :)
Pretty much this.

Let me start:

Ospreay/Pac - this was just phenomenal. I mean I've never seen so much back and forth, so much athleticism. The way Ospreay sells moves, I had to ask "did he just break his neck for the 4th time?". I hope Ricochet still has the juice because Ospreay/Ricochet could be incredible.

Danielson/Perry - first off, I thought they made Perry look really good. He went toe to toe with Danielson and never looked out of place. And his accepting his fate at the end I thought was pretty bada**. Then the turning. I mean I get AEW being edgy, but couldn't help but tell my kids to go take a bathroom break when Moxley you know, tried to actually murder Danielson. Curious that when Claudio hit him, he basically non-sold the move altogether and was just more surprised than anything. Curious that Yuta wasn't part of it and Pac now is. I assume that confirms the lucha bros are gone. Do we care about Shafir being part of it? And is this Moxley leading the way for Shane-O Mac to come or are they just doing another nwo-style angle? Now we have Christian hiding in the background and Moxley tearing it up. So who retires Danielson? Probably has to be Moxley.

Hangman/Swerve - I mean geezus ch***t. My kids were with me for the barbed wire death match in LA, so they knew this one could again go off the rails. And it did. My older son goes "that's not a real cinderblock". Then Swerve's body gets bent in half on it and he goes "Um that might be a real cinderblock because these guys are crazy". And a hypodermic needle? Was that necessary? "Another hey boys you can share a coke if you go in the other room" moment. Were we watching CZW? Hopefully Swerve can take a nice little vacation now and deal with rebuilding his house, while Hangman finally gets the win he wanted. Hopefully this "blood feud" is now over. Also a moment I'm not sure if was a proud dad moment or a what have I done moment was my younger son saying "well hangman didn't drink swerve's blood this time so it's not that bad"

Garcia/MJF - this might have been my favorite match of the night. Classic ring psychology and watching Garcia's mindset over the course of the match was fantastic. We legit did not know which way it was going to go. MJF gets the win but Garcia recognizing the next low blow coming and bombing MJF was a nice touch to at least let him save some face.

Willow/Statlander - fun match. I liked Willow's different gear for the street fight. Both held well and it was entertaining enough considering what had already taken place.

Money/Shida - I'll admit this was my bathroom break/catch my breath match. Mone just isn't doing it for me at all, I'm not sure why. I would rather have another Storm match.

Young Bucks/BCC - entertaining enough. Hard to follow the Garcia/MJF match in my opinion but was serviceable. Apparently Nick Jackson hurt his shoulder but wrestled the whole match anyway. Bucks had to win, and with BCC losing I guess that just led to Claudio turning later in the night anyway.

Another ppv that leaves you thinking "what the hell did I just watch" while also being super entertained throughout as not really a bad match on the card.

Pretty much this.

Let me start:

Ospreay/Pac - this was just phenomenal. I mean I've never seen so much back and forth, so much athleticism. The way Ospreay sells moves, I had to ask "did he just break his neck for the 4th time?". I hope Ricochet still has the juice because Ospreay/Ricochet could be incredible.

Danielson/Perry - first off, I thought they made Perry look really good. He went toe to toe with Danielson and never looked out of place. And his accepting his fate at the end I thought was pretty bada**. Then the turning. I mean I get AEW being edgy, but couldn't help but tell my kids to go take a bathroom break when Moxley you know, tried to actually murder Danielson. Curious that when Claudio hit him, he basically non-sold the move altogether and was just more surprised than anything. Curious that Yuta wasn't part of it and Pac now is. I assume that confirms the lucha bros are gone. Do we care about Shafir being part of it? And is this Moxley leading the way for Shane-O Mac to come or are they just doing another nwo-style angle? Now we have Christian hiding in the background and Moxley tearing it up. So who retires Danielson? Probably has to be Moxley.

Hangman/Swerve - I mean geezus ch***t. My kids were with me for the barbed wire death match in LA, so they knew this one could again go off the rails. And it did. My older son goes "that's not a real cinderblock". Then Swerve's body gets bent in half on it and he goes "Um that might be a real cinderblock because these guys are crazy". And a hypodermic needle? Was that necessary? "Another hey boys you can share a coke if you go in the other room" moment. Were we watching CZW? Hopefully Swerve can take a nice little vacation now and deal with rebuilding his house, while Hangman finally gets the win he wanted. Hopefully this "blood feud" is now over. Also a moment I'm not sure if was a proud dad moment or a what have I done moment was my younger son saying "well hangman didn't drink swerve's blood this time so it's not that bad"

Garcia/MJF - this might have been my favorite match of the night. Classic ring psychology and watching Garcia's mindset over the course of the match was fantastic. We legit did not know which way it was going to go. MJF gets the win but Garcia recognizing the next low blow coming and bombing MJF was a nice touch to at least let him save some face.

Willow/Statlander - fun match. I liked Willow's different gear for the street fight. Both held well and it was entertaining enough considering what had already taken place.

Money/Shida - I'll admit this was my bathroom break/catch my breath match. Mone just isn't doing it for me at all, I'm not sure why. I would rather have another Storm match.

Young Bucks/BCC - entertaining enough. Hard to follow the Garcia/MJF match in my opinion but was serviceable. Apparently Nick Jackson hurt his shoulder but wrestled the whole match anyway. Bucks had to win, and with BCC losing I guess that just led to Claudio turning later in the night anyway.

Another ppv that leaves you thinking "what the hell did I just watch" while also being super entertained throughout as not really a bad match on the card.
Sorry for the late post (if you wanted to hear my thoughts that is!). Finally have some downtime at work so let's see what I remember.. :lol:

If I had to nitpick is that going into the PPV, I think we all knew there would be no title changes and that it was going to be a good show, but predictable results. (The Bryan/BCC thing however was the biggest surprise of all, so props to AEW for that!)

PAC/Ospreay - You took the words out of my mouth. It was just phenomenal. We knew what these two were capable of and they absolutely brought it. These two are just so god damn talented, it was a treat to watch. I really hope they can stay healthy because they will never disappoint.

Bryan/Perry - Jack Perry is a great seller. He makes Bryan's Busaiku knee finisher look so brutal with the way he sells it. Now let's talk about the BCC turn. Mox was on vacation and missed All In (which surprised the hell out of me that they couldn't get him on the card). He returned and added Marina Shafir to the group. Not much was said and they were beating up random peeps backstage just like Lance Archer. Speaking of which.. why not just add Lance Archer to the group if you're going to be doing that?

The crazy thing with AEW's story telling is that it's very subtle. Like when Claudio and Wheeler come out for Tag Matches, they do that fun little "shuffle dance" on stage. Well, the last few weeks before the PPV, they stopped doing it. When Bryan won the AEW World Title at All In, and Claudio, PAC, and Wheeler came out to celebrate with Bryan, Claudio was freaking wearing a plain white t-shirt, the same style shirt Mox has been wearing. So when we saw Mox giving Bryan a kiss to the forehead, which he never does, he also gave a nod of "approval" to Claudio to give the uppercut to Bryan before the whole plastic bag stuff.

The biggest thing too was that Wheeler wasn't in on this. That was great. Another thing I want to add real quick was that when the BCC was new, I believe it was only Bryan that mentioned that he wanted Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia to join the group. Obviously, Daniel Garcia had his whole bit with the Jericho Appreciation Society but now technically Daniel Garcia is "free". I can see him joining Bryan's group with Wheeler to take on Mox, Claudio, and PAC. All in all... I love the storytelling.

Hangman/Swerve - The pacing of this match was kind of "off" for me, but at the same time... I didn't mind it. It was after all, a fight and not a wrestling match. There's really not much more I can say other than the fact that these two are so damn good. I also noticed that it was Hangman's first time out of the heel tunnel. The whole time he acted like a heel, he kept coming out of the face tunnel because to him, he's the good guy in this, and he's right. Then after the match, people on Twitter posted that he hesitated and thought twice about leaving through the face tunnel and instead, turned back to the heel tunnel. I seriously wonder what's going on with Keith Lee and if he was healthy, what part of the story he would have played during Swerve's title reign. I guess we'll never know.

Willow/Stat - This was also a damn good match. These two really brought it and they had a tough act of following I believe PAC/Ospreay? I'm thinking Stat deserves a run at the AEW Women's Title after Mariah May.

Mercedes/Shida - The match itself was good. People seem to have crapped all over Britt Baker's match with Mercedes at All In so much that Britt has not been mentioned at all on Dynamite, Rampage, and Collision. It's really bizarre. As for this match, my gripe was Mercedes' wig. She kept having to adjust it every time she took a bump. It really took me out of the match. Another reason why it's hard to get into is because I think we know she's not going to lose the belt any time soon, so it's hard to get invested, even if we like Shida.. :)

That's all I got. Excited to see what they're trying to do with Grand Slam next Wednesday! Nigel vs Bryan? Hell yeah. Mox vs Darby?? Alright!

So Aew moving to max, well sort of..

AEW to Stream on Max Following New Multi-Year Rights Deal With Warner Bros. Discovery

Under the new deal, AEW shows “Dynamite” and “Collision” will remain on TBS and TNT respectively. But for the first time since its launch in 2019, AEW programming will stream live on Max simultaneously for U.S. subscribers and will be available to stream on-demand starting in January 2025.

But to my greatest dismay:

Furthermore, AEW live pay-per-views will be available on Max later in 2025 at a discounted price per event, with all marketing and promotions of those events exclusively centered on Max.

The ****. At a discounted price? p*ss off. Just include them. I might as well just keep watching the shows on TBS/TNT and pay for a ppv now and then. If it included all ppv's I might consider Max.

Finally, a reason to subscribe to Max in January. And I don't have to resort to using streams to watch Dynamite, Rampage, Collision, and some PPVs. lol

I've done my best to support AEW by purchasing a few PPVs but $50 is really pricey. I wish they would say how much the "discount" was for the PPVs.

Max streaming is $10 a month with ads and $17 without... I swear, if they still charge PPVs at like $35 that's way too much to ask for on top of a subscription.

Yeah I'm very skeptical about the "discounted" price, especially when Dynamite and Collision are still going to be available with my Directv. Peacock is $7.99/month and includes all PPVs and an extensive library for comparison.

Back