The All Things MLS, NWSL, USMNT/USWNT et al Thread

That removes pretty much all doubt. Dejan will have the spotlight this season.
Do or die for the chess master.

I'm on the fence ,as he was very poor as a starter.

While at the same time, the slow, plodding, predictable, possession game the Galaxy played, along with near zero service for the forward(s)........well is it any wonder Dejan was adrift as a starter?

With quality, speedy wings, and the ability to counter quickly, perhaps Dejan may thrive.

That sounds like Kuntz covering all his bases before he makes a super move.....? :)

Soo..........Klopp coming to the G's, right?

Kuntz playing 4D chess.

Someday, in the future, maybe MLS could get guys of this caliber. Someday. Dare to dream.

Leagues Cup "Draw" (also known as MLS pick-em) for Galaxy:

LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2024) – Major League Soccer today announced the LA Galaxy’s group for Leagues Cup 2024, the second edition of the international soccer competition featuring all 47 clubs from Canada, Mexico and the United States. The Galaxy’s group (West 2) for Leagues Cup 2024 will consist of LIGA MX side Club Deportivo Guadalajara and the San Jose Earthquakes. The month-long tournament, which will crown a winner among MLS and LIGA MX clubs, will unfold from July 26 to Aug. 25.

The return of Chicha + Smurfs?!?!? What were the chances?!?!?!?!?!?!

So 2 of the 3 US Men's group games for the 2026 World Cup will be in LA, with the other in Seattle. I'm sure getting tickets will be super easy and cheap!

Don’t want to be “sky is falling” guy, but preseason is nearly over, and the G’s don’t have their DP.

Not to mention Pec will miss nearly the entire preseason (depending on visa stuff).

I guess the G’s will once again be a team that learns to play for the first third of the season.
Brace yourself for the early season losses.

Come on, Kuntz!!!
Prove me wrong!

Speed watched the match against Austin.

It’s like watching last season over again.
Slow plodding predictable attack.
Nothing out wide on the wings.
Defensive lapses galore.

Vanney fast tracking his way to go golfing by April.

Speed watched the match against Austin.

It’s like watching last season over again.
Slow plodding predictable attack.
Nothing out wide on the wings.
Defensive lapses galore.

Vanney fast tracking his way to go golfing by April.
Suck till summer, then pull another robbie keane?

In other "fantastic" news:

NEWS: #LAGalaxy center back Jalen Neal is out 6-8 weeks with an abdominal injury revealed during his recovery from sports hernia surgery

Dejan
Paintsil Pec
Puig
Delgado Brugman

Aude Caceres Yoshida Yamane

McCarthy / Bond / Micovic

Is this good enough to "contend"?

I worry about Dejan production....maybe baller wingers will turn him into a scoring machine.
I worry about Caceres going down to injury......Brugman and Puig too....Vanney ran those guys into the ground last season.
I hope they recover well and stay uninjured.
Goalkeeping....I would like to see us trade Bond for depth at wing/midfield, and go with McCarthy - Micovic duo.

I got a feeling Neal is going to be a chronic injury off and on all season long. Sad.

Dunno if trustworthy, but everything seems to be that the G's got him.

I think he is going to be THE piece this season.

Now if only the G's can get rid of Mavinga....he is horrific.

Paintsil is official

428678466_796268925869455_5960735127281362815_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom