All Things: Streaming TV Options

Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)
27secondseason-1-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

Three (ahem) affluent New Yorkers have a random elevator ride slash meet-cute encounter in their shared building. Those three people just happen to be Martin Short, Steve Martin and Selena Gomez. Do you need to know (or have a relationship with) these three actors? No. Is she a Disney princess? Is that guy friends with my dad? Is that the guy who shot that girl in his home music studio? Doesn?t matter. These three people meet and find out by happenstance (a fire alarm in the building leads the three to restaurant across the street) they all listen to the same True Crime podcast and the nerd out begins (maps, fan theories, a general distrust for people they?ve never met, sympathy for a dead person all through the lens of Short, Martin and Gomez; hilarious). When they are allowed back into their building, they find there has been a murder in the building and all decide: (dun-dun-daaaah!) Let?s do a podcast about it! And that?s when things get funnier. It sounds goofy and it is but it?s also sweet, fun, well rounded and surprisingly compelling.

Just like any true crime podcast (or show) there are secrets, lies and hard left turns that make no sense but you?re already in the car, you must see where it goes. Guest stars, heartfelt moments and some solid diversity casting are included; you know how on board games have the age limits that say 'it?s fun for people between 8-80'? That feels true, here. If you love New York in the fall, this show is for you. If you like true crime, this show is for you. If you like it when people make fun of true crime, this show is for you. If you like self-deprecating has-been humor with a dash of generation gap closing, this show is for you. If you just need something light and visually interesting, this show is for you. Dunno, it was recommended to me by someone I have almost nothing in common with and I expected to turn it off mid-first episode; I ended up wasting an entire day watching season one. Damn it. I got, got. =)

Give it a whirl. Season two just started.

Went old school, just finished binging SOAP... funny is funny.

Ted Lasso: Season 3 v. Apple
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cultu... even if the story,show drop sometime in 2023.

So the most recent update says (sometime in) 2023 (really, bitch? really?), the article blames everyone from the production studio, Sudeikis' scheduling conflicts and the war in Ukraine. In 2022, absolutely. Sigh.
Other than re-watching Severance, why do I have that service?

Severance: Before the re-watch starts, confession: it took me four maybe five episodes to realize two of the main characters (because I refused to use google and wanted my brain to remember) were on "High Maintenance" (HBO's stoner show). One played the man who went into a diabetic shock ("the guy" had to save him) on the street and the other was the girlfriend of "the guy" who was (veiled reference) divorcing a Harvey Weinstein-esque person. Drove me effin nuts.

Severance-Cast-Apple-TV-Plus-Zach-Cherry-Dylan.jpg

giphy_s.gif

Then I went on reddit...cripes, it's supposed to be about a religious cult that takes over an entire town (see also: utah and mormons - per reddit)and they are all just rats in a maze. Pfft. I was too busy focusing on the Walken on Tuturro kiss that never was. boo.

Other than re-watching Severance, why do I have that service?

And the price is going up to $6.99/mo. See was decent and passed the time while I was on the elliptical machine. For All Man Kind is above average. I enjoyed it. Pachinko looks interesting but I am not sure I want to sit through subtitles. At least not yet.

And the price is going up to $6.99/mo. See was decent and passed the time while I was on the elliptical machine. For All Man Kind is above average. I enjoyed it. Pachinko looks interesting but I am not sure I want to sit through subtitles. At least not yet.

Pro tip. "See" and "For all Man Kind" pop up in my Apple algorithm it is just a little too much for my eyes right now. I need that calming green of the pitch, the foul mouth of Roy Kent and the goofiness of Ted to maintain my interest. Although, adding a "B" show to a workout seems like a solid idea. My rowing machine died of exhaustion mid- lock down. Might be time to upgrade.

I watched "After Party" * about oddly enough and after party, where someone dies and it's told from everyone's perspective. Uh. It's comedy (uh..well, it has funny people cast)about one night of 8 people's 10 year high school reunion, perhaps it's ellipitical worthy.

*my sister recommended it, I love her, so I watched the whole (dumb? to me) thing.

Pro tip. "See" and "For all Man Kind" pop up in my Apple algorithm it is just a little too much for my eyes right now. I need that calming green of the pitch, the foul mouth of Roy Kent and the goofiness of Ted to maintain my interest. Although, adding a "B" show to a workout seems like a solid idea. My rowing machine died of exhaustion mid- lock down. Might be time to upgrade.

I watched "After Party" * about oddly enough and after party, where someone dies and it's told from everyone's perspective. Uh. It's comedy (uh..well, it has funny people cast)about one night of 8 people's 10 year high school reunion, perhaps it's ellipitical worthy.

*my sister recommended it, I love her, so I watched the whole (dumb? to me) thing.

Understandable. After seeing a lot of death and destruction in my life, there are just shows I don’t want to see now unlike when I was younger. My guilty pleasure are the Hallmark movies. Fight me! They are very formulaic but the better movies are pretty good. At least I still enjoy some more tense shows like See but not like I used to.

I know someone who says to cancel all streaming services and only resubcribe when you actually want to watch something on that service. I think I am going to cancel Apple TV until new seasons of Ted Lasso and For All Mankind start up again.

Understandable. After seeing a lot of death and destruction in my life, there are just shows I don?t want to see now unlike when I was younger. My guilty pleasure are the Hallmark movies. Fight me! They are very formulaic but the better movies are pretty good. At least I still enjoy some more tense shows like See but not like I used to.

I know someone who says to cancel all streaming services and only resubcribe when you actually want to watch something on that service. I think I am going to cancel Apple TV until new seasons of Ted Lasso and For All Mankind start up again.

*laughing* whoa, whoa, whoa..we're all friends here no fighting necessary. =) Although I've never seen a Hallmark movie I get the jist; pretty people, a pretty setting, no real consequences and a happy ending. Dude, I 1000% get it. Your hallmark movie is my travel/food show or an international show (escapist and beautifully shot) and a slower pace. We are all doing whatever it takes to stay sane. You do you, Boo.

Solid point on Apple, I'll cancel this week. Now talk me out of HBOmax, for the life of me...why? Why do I have it? I'm just watching shows that were popular 20+ years ago (Deadwood -meh, not for me and Six Feet Under- no offense but yawn, I get how this WAS cutting edge but today, cute.) The last show I loved was: Insecure. And, I know that's no one here's "jam".

8c759679-6dc9-4fe3-9dbd-4d8c40d19ab9

What in the actual F? Really? Fine.

Ted Lasso:Your soulmate is Ted! He’s optimistic, charming, and has a heart of gold. You would appreciate his dedication to his team and his ability to see the best in just about anyone. Life would be an adventure...
How the hell am I supposed to pick 1 between a scotch egg, shepherd's pie, fish n chips and bangers n mash??

Okay this test is BS and must have been from season 1 (edit: from 2021)

Nate Shelley
Your soulmate is Nate! He may seem awkward or insecure, but with the right encouragement he will reach his full potential. You’d be a sucker for his kind heart and intelligence!

Back
Top Bottom