What Are U Listening To Right This Moment?

Oh man...the heart swells. For just a second in this ****ty era, music sounded like rawk and looked the part.

We now return you to the crappy American Idol ****e previously in progress

As a child of the 80's and big New Wave fan, was very pleasantly surprised to see ABC released the Lexicon of Love II. Lexicon of Love I is widely considered an 80's New Wave/Pop masterpiece (though I think The Hurting by Tears for Fears was light years better) and now, some 34 years later Martin Fry (the voice and only original member left) went back into the studio with Anne Dudley who did the string arrangements on the original. The result, a fantastic slice of 80's heaven with a bit of an updated sound in parts. Was quite leary of the album, I mean ABC has kinda fallen off the map and pretty much just been touring, but am thoroughly enjoying this album.

As a child of the 80's and big New Wave fan, was very pleasantly surprised to see ABC released the Lexicon of Love II. Lexicon of Love I is widely considered an 80's New Wave/Pop masterpiece (though I think The Hurting by Tears for Fears was light years better) and now, some 34 years later Martin Fry (the voice and only original member left) went back into the studio with Anne Dudley who did the string arrangements on the original. The result, a fantastic slice of 80's heaven with a bit of an updated sound in parts. Was quite leary of the album, I mean ABC has kinda fallen off the map and pretty much just been touring, but am thoroughly enjoying this album.

ABC has provided me an anthem for the Kings recent debacles.

cry: mhihi:

Anyhoow, I am digging this clip right now.

Soooooooo Spacy and Trippy. see_stars: :cheers:

Still a great album that holds up to the test of time. "It's Alright for You." By. The Police.

The_Police_-_Regatta_De_Blanc-Front-www.FreeCovers.net_.jpg

Holy crap...hard to find version of a terrific album. Comes with a dvd that has trippy visuals for the whole cd...

ToOk Too MUCH!!!!!

Being a father of 3 sons, this is gonna be a hard album to listen to...

When Summer begins to fade away, I listen to this album on a loop.

The Doors-Waiting for the Sun

410Q47DCGNL.jpg

I'm going on a binge of Anton Bruckner symphonies this time...one of the Inbal cycles... Right now I finished the 0 and 00 and starting with the First Symphony... Now I see where Gustav Mahler (still my favorite all-time composer) got some of his ideas from...

I watched The Burning for the first time the other day. I was curious about its soundtrack composed by Rick Wakeman who is the keyboardist of the band Yes.

Instead of his usual keyboard gymnastics, what we have here is a tense synth driven score.

'80's Synth Horror Scores FTW! :woot:

I've been on a Sepultura kick! Play it loud and play it hard! lhdevil:

In the middle of working on my 2016 music list. Have some symphonic metal.

Really interesting end of the day. Dropped by my local library and found a copy of this:

Duke+Definitive+Edition+Remaster+dukedefremastered.jpg

Dumped onto the iTunes account and listened to it beginning to end. So many memories flooding back from college when I wore out the grooves on the album. It was like finding a true old friend or putting on a comfortable pair of old shoes. Many good times - and copious amounts of beer! - were spent with this album.

Back
Top Bottom